I have not been blogging recipes for a long long time. Well, my enthusiasm for bento making had die down, which is why there isn’t any more bento post. I am still cooking occasionally but just not packing it into lunch box.
Anyway, this is the recipe for home cooked Tortellini~
– 250 gm of fresh Tortellini
– 100ml of whipping cream
– 3 pieces of streaky bacon (diced/sliced into tiny stripes)
– 2 cloves of garlic (chopped) (feel free to add more)
– Olive oil
– Cheese (I used Gruyère cheese)
– Dried Parsley
1) In a pan, heat up some olive oil and add in the bacon. Let the bacon cook until it starts turning brown and crispy.
2) Meanwhile, cook the Tortellini in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3) Add garlic into the pan and stir fry until fragrant.
4) Once the garlic is fragrant (avoid burning the garlic), add in the drained Tortellini and stir fry for 30 seconds.
5) Next, add in the whipping cream. I use whipping cream instead of cooking cream because it has higher fat content and makes the sauce more creamy. Feel free to opt for the healthier option.
6) When the sauce starts boiling, add some salt to taste. Just before you off the heat, shave the cheese in and mix well before serving.
7) Sprinkle some dried parsley over the pasta and tuck in!
Trust me, the pasta tastes awesome! The sauce gets really creamy when the cheese melts.