I was very inspired by my colleague to bake rainbow cupcakes. Having bought different food colorings from the supermarket, I decided to give it a try.
For the cupcakes, I used Minnie’s recipe:
– 1 cup of olive oil
– 1.5 cups of sugar
– 4 eggs
– 3 cups of all purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1 cup of milk
– 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
– splash of vanilla extract
– Mix oil and sugar, then add egg, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
– In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking soda.
– Next add the wet mix and dry mix together and stir well.
– Divide the batter into different bowls and add in the food colorings.
– Scoop the colored batter into the cupcake tray (with cupcake paper).
– Pre-heat oven to 165ºC, then bake for 20-25 mins. Stick toothpick into the cupcake and it should come out clean.
Here’s the end product~
Well, some how the colors got darker after baking. And they looked like poison mushrooms… =___=”
I think I need to adjust the amount of colorings. These looks a bit carcinogenic to me. LOL~!
Anyway, I topped the cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting and rainbow sprinklers~
This is how it looks inside:
LOL~ The colors are just a bit too weird~